Chiropractic Care for Auto Accident Injuries
At Olson Bros Chiropractic, we treat patients who have been injured in car accidents with a variety of all natural, gentle chiropractic techniques.
- Spinal adjustment. Spinal adjustment is a method of realigning the vertebrae and relieving pressure on the spinal cord. Depending on the severity of the injuries a very gentle force or a stronger force may be utilized. The amount of force needed is different for every person and for every injury but we will tailor your treatments to your comfort so that you feel great with every single treatment.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a technique that is used to reduce muscle spasm and tension within the muscles and improve blood and lymphatic circulation. Massage therapy is done by a licensed Massage Therapist at our office and can help improve healing times greatly.
- Cervical Compression/Extension Traction. If you are involved in a car accident the curves of your spine which give it strength and stability may be weakened and/or reduced. This is a problem that leads to significant chronic illnesses. These curves MUST be retrained expertly. Dr. Dan and Dr. Dennis have trained extensively on administering compression/extension traction to the cervical spine to assist in the repair of these curves to the proper position improving your chances of avoiding chronic problems as a result of your accident.
- Lifestyle advice. Most people are unaware of what NOT to do following an accident that produces whiplash injuries. Our lifestyle advice helps our patients avoid exacerbating their injuries. We also offer lifestyle advice that helps patients recover more quickly.
- Therapeutic stretches. When it is the right time therapeutic stretching is introduced to help avoid chronic muscular and ligamentous tension of the injured muscles and ligaments. We teach our patients to do therapeutic stretches to improve circulation, muscle flexibility and ligamentous stability.
See a Car Accident Chiropractor After An Accident, Even Without Symptoms
Many of our patients are injured in low speed, low-impact accidents. Their first response to “How are you feeling?” is that they feel “ok”. This is a dangerous time for the patient. Adrenaline secreted into the blood stream post trauma can mask pain and other symptoms immediately after an accident occurs. Symptoms will set in after several days or even weeks have passed. Remember that the mass of the objects involved in the crash are the biggest factors involved. When a 2000 lb car nudges another car the force of the striking car is transferred to the occupant of the struck car. Whoever is in the struck car absorbs that energy and the question then becomes not “Are you injured?” it becomes “How badly were you injured”.
Waiting to see a chiropractor after an injury occurs can lead to complications and more chronic injuries due to instability of the ligaments damaged in the accident. At Olson Bros Chiropractic, we encourage all patients to see their chiropractor immediately after any accident occurs, even when there are no obvious initial symptoms so that they can be properly evaluated.